Welcome to Primary Two
Meet the team
Our Maths topic this term is Weight. We will be trying to understand the terms light, lighter, lightest, heavy, heavier and heaviest. We will be looking at how to make things balance. We will be revising our numbers up to 30 and beginning to introduce the numbers up to 40. We will continue to add and subtract using the number line. We will be continuing to work with odd and even numbers and counting in 2's and 10's.
This term we continue working with double/ triple letters, single sound -examples of this would be ing, er, oo. We will be trying to find these sounds at the start, middle and end of words. We should now recognise all the letter names and how to make them into capital letters. We will be continuing this term to look at simple grammar and trying to use capital letters and full stops correctly in our writing.
We will keep learning our key words and we will be doing lots of stretching out of words and trying to spell them.
This term we continue our spellings.
Please remember ....
- School starts at 9am, supervision is from 8:45am.
- Pick up time is 1:10pm if your child is not staying for dinners or packed lunch, 1:55pm if they are staying for lunch.
- We provide a healthy break at a cost of £5 a month.
- Homework will be sent home on a Monday, Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Children wear their P.E. Kit on a Tuesday and they will need a pair of black P.E. slippers on Friday.
- Please remember to send all money in a named envelope.
- Don't forget to label all your uniform clearly!!