Welcome to Primary Two
Meet the team
Our Maths topic this term is Money. We will be recognising coins up to £1 and we will be working with 1p,2p, 5p and 10p. We will have a sandwich shop in the playroom to practise working with money.
We will be revising our numbers up to 15 and beginning to introduce the numbers up to 20. We will start to add using the number line rather than using counters.
This term we continue with single letter, single sound. We will be trying to find these sounds at the start, middle and end of words and to begin to recognise letter names and how to form the capital letters.
We will continue to learn our key words and we will be doing lots of stretching out of words and trying to spell them. We aim to have a first sound, a middle sound and an end sound and any other sounds we can write are a bonus!
This term we introduce very simple spellings . The words will follow a different rhyming pattern each week.
Please remember ....
- School starts at 9am, supervision is from 8:45am.
- Pick up time is 1:10pm if your child is not staying for dinners or packed lunch, 1:55pm if they are staying for lunch.
- We provide a healthy break at a cost of £5 a month.
- Homework will be sent home on a Monday, Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Children wear their P.E. Kit on a Tuesday and they will need a pair of black P.E. plimsolls on Friday.
- Please remember to send all money in a named envelope.
- Don't forget to label all your uniform clearly!