Welcome to Primary Two
Meet the team
Our Maths topic this term is Shape and Space. We will looking at 2D and 3D shape. We will be trying to sort shapes, build with 3D Shapes and make pictures using 2D shape. We will be looking at the bee bot and examining how to make it move backwards, forwards and to get it to turn. We will be also looking at Space and positional language through our P.E. programme.
We will be revising our numbers up to 10 and beginning to introduce the numbers up to 15.
This term we revise single letter, single sound. We will be trying to find these sounds at the start, middle and end of words and to begin to recognise letter names and how to form the capital letters.
We will start to learn the first few key words and will be doing lots of stretching out of words and trying to spell them. We aim to have a first sound, a middle sound and an end sound and any other sounds we can write are a bonus!
Please remember ....
- School starts at 9am, supervision is from 8:45am.
- Pick up time is 1:10pm if your child is not staying for dinners or packed lunch, 1:55pm if they are staying for lunch.
- We provide a healthy break at a cost of £5 a month.
- Homework will be sent home on a Monday, Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Children wear their P.E. Kit on a Tuesday and they will need a pair of black P.E. plimsolls on Friday.
- Please remember to send all money in a named envelope.
- Don't forget to label all your uniform clearly!